Pump LC110S does not connect
LC110S pump connected to Clarity
Pump does not connect, ‘cannot establish communication with LC110S.’
Connection problems can have several different causes:
- Pump issue: pump not on, wrong port setting in pump service menu, baud rate, IP address
- Config issue in Clarity: wrong port selected, IP address not correct, serial number not entered, RS232/LAN selection
- Cable issue: wrong cable used, no cable connected
Diagnosis & remedy
1. Enter the pump service menu via left-right-left method and check device settings.
- Close the Clarity software, and on the LC110S pump click the left button shortly, the cursor should jump to the upper line.
- Press the right horizontal arrow key for approx. 2 seconds until the “interface” appears
- Click left cursor to put the cursor on the upper line
- with up/down button scroll through service menu and select the correct settings.
- Click start/stop to exit
2. In Clarity main menu click the config button and select the correct pump, port and settings.
- Open the pump menu, click on the “…” button
- the software selector opens and displays all devices
- select the correct device and close the windows.
See also service documents page for document 250_7020_01 – Troubleshooting ALEXYS LAN communication.
3. Make sure original cables are used.
Via “left – right (2sec) – left” enter the service menu to check/change connection settings. See also a short movie.
This screen shot shows where to check the Clarity settings for pump connection: