- Predict up to 80% of all metabolites of a drug in minutes
- Discover metabolites undetected by in-vivo and in-vitro experiments
- Access to reactive short-lived metabolites and intermediates
- Phase I and II reactions within minutes w/o biological interactions
- Comprehensive insight into the metabolic pathway
- Complement and (re)confirm in-vivo and in-vitro metabolic data
By using Antec Scientific’s ROXY™ Exceed system that works with every MS to conduct on-line Electrochemistry-MS (EC-MS), drug/xenobiotic metabolism studies can be complemented and substantially accelerated.
EC-MS has been applied successfully for fast prediction and mimicking of oxidative drug metabolism (“in-electro“ vs. in-vivo or in- vitro). The metabolites are formed instantaneously in the electrochemical cell (biomimetic oxidation), mimicking the enzymatic biotransformation of the Cytochrome P450 reactions of the liver (Phase I reaction) including adduct formation (Phase II reactions). Compared to conventional in-vivo methods (e.g., rodents, humans) or in-vitro methods (e.g., microsomes), considerable time and cost savings have been proven.