AS 100 autosampler down, several error messages
AS 100 autosampler
Autosampler does not function properly anymore. Several error messages appear, or it keeps going through the self-test routine.
- Faulty electronics
- Faulty power supply, power cable, fuses
- Cable not properly connected
- Power supply is set at 220 V while mains supply is 110V.
Warning: The following steps are for trained service engineers only. Do not open you unit yourself!
- Check fuses and power cable, replace if necessary
- Unplug all connectors at the rear panel (serial, I/O, TTL)
- Re-start the Autosampler and check if initialize is OK. If OK check cables/connectors and current output (max 500mA -24V)
- If not OK: Remove all control boards (Cooling PCB/Syringe PCB/Needle PCB/Valve PCB/I-O PCB)
- Plug in the service keyboard to the CPU board.
- Re-start the Autosampler and check if initialize is OK (There will be a couple of errors displayed, due to the missing boards, but initalization is still possible by ignoring these errors by pressing the start/stop key)
- If not OK, check the 24VDC power supply of the main board and replace the main board.
- If separate main board initialize OK install the control boards one by one and repeat the re-start procedure for each board.
Faulty parts must be replaced. Power supply must be set to correct mains voltage. Make sure all cables are correctly and firmly connected.