Flow cell maintenance has been described in the user manuals. In addition, this tutorial contains movies that show the procedure in more detail. Before using this material read the instructions and warnings in the user manual.
The new SenCell is easy to handle, new generation flow cell. It does not have a polymer spacer but uses Adjustable Spacer Technology (AST). Opening the cell, closing it and setting the spacing is shown in the YouTube movies below.
A few reminders:
- Set the spacing as small as possible for getting the best signal. Stop at the point where noise increases significantly. This is flow rate dependent for micro LC it is between 0 and 1. For standard LC between 1 and 3.
- Turn the spacing completely to zero before polishing, otherwise the block will be damaged!
- Use only standard fingertights (not the VT03 type!).
- Open the SenCell
- Close the SenCell
- Adjust the SenCell spacing
- Install the SenCell
- Remove frit from salt bridge SenCell
- New frit in salt bridge SenCell
- Fill salt bridge SenCell
- Polishing of SenCell